LEGISLATION UPDATED TO 01/01/2011 FOR TRANSPORT OF PERISHABLE FOOD
- Raw milk¹ +6°C
- Red meat² and large game (other than red offal) +7°C
- Meat products,³ pasteurized milk, butter, fresh dairy products (yoghurt, kefir, cream and fresh cheese⁴ ), ready cooked foodstuffs (meat, fish, vegetables), ready to eat prepared raw vegetables and vegetable products⁵ , concentrated fruit juice and fish products³ not listed below
Either at + 6 °C or at temperature indicated on the label and/or on the transport documents
- Game (other than large game), poultry² and rabbits + 4 °C
- Red offal² +3°C
- Minced meat² - Either at +2 °C or at temperature indicated on the label and/or on the transport documents
- Untreated fish, molluscs and crustaceans - On melting ice or at temperature of melting ice
1. When milk is collected from the farm for immediate processing, the temperature may rise during carriage to +10 °C
2. Any preparations thereof.
3. Except for products fully treated by salting, smoking, drying or sterilization.
4. "Fresh cheese" means a non-ripened (non-matured) cheese which is ready for consumption shortly after manufacturing and which has a limited conservation period.
5. Raw vegetables which have been diced, sliced or otherwise size reduced, but excluding those which have only been washed, peeled or simply cut in half.
6. Except for live fish, live molluscs and live crustaceans